"Soulmate Tribute" We were tasked to do a project that required us to draw our face or at least do the outline of it as the main attraction. Objects and or songs that we meant to placed around the face. At the time that this was assigned I was interested in using this as an outlet where I could generally speak of my recent past romantic experience. All symbols and colors surrounding the person are actually things that I've learned to love and appreciate so one could say I did what was assigned,
The word I chose is "OwO" it's a centennial (generation z) saying that's used by teens often. I often to relay an expression as well as the sound of amazement. The expression is meant to be cute and I made that the theme of this piece. I took the initiative to make the cute expression to portray and my once often way of thinking. I would call this piece, "If I'm cute enough I am enough?". At the time I was really struggling with my self worth and I felt in shambles internally but I wanted to make sure my exterior was nice to look at. One of the things I struggled with was my ability to make people laugh personally, I'm the type of person who feels charged by the way I can make people feel. With that the relationship with myself and the people around me back codependent for a period of time because I based if I was good enough by if I made people laugh enough. So to capture that idea I used different languages to show my once often thoughts of myself...

Comments
Post a Comment